Every so often, Kasa Engineering will release software updates for the IQ. These updates are free of charge to IQ owners. Please note the difference between upgrades and updates: "upgrades" refers to a change between IQ configurations (Panto vs. Standard vs. Designer); "updates" means there are new tools within the configuration for you to download.
To update your IQ software, follow the steps below.
- Click on Software Updates on the left side of this website. You'll be taken to a page that contains the different versions of software.
- Save the file to your computer or USB stick. There are two ways to do this.
- Method 1: The easiest way is to right click on the button and choose "Save Target As..." (for Internet Explorer) or "Save Link As..." (for Firefox). This will allow you the most control of where you file ends up on your computer. You could also save it directly onto your USB drive if you choose! Note: if you save directly to the USB drive, and you have a previous version of iq.update.tar.gz, it will be overwritten by this new version.
- Method 2: Click on the green button in the Download column. A window will pop up asking you to choose what to do with the file. Choose Save File (or something similar - the point is to save the file, not open it).
- Don't put it in a folder - just leave it at the top level of the USB drive. For example, if your USB drive shows up as drive F, the only thing in the Address bar should be "F:\".
- Make sure there are no extra characters in the file name. For example, if you have downloaded multiple updates using Firefox, it will add a number in parenthesis so that older file does not get replaced. IQ is going to look for this exact name: iq.update.tar.gz. If it doesn't find a file with that name, it will not update your software.